Held

This is what it is to be loved.
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell
we'd be held.

This hand is bitterness
We want to
taste it, let the hatred know our sorrow.
The
wise hand opens slowly to lilies of the valley and tomorrow.

If
hope is born of suffering
If this is only the beginning
Can we not wait for one hour watching for our Savior?

This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And
you survive.
This is what it is to be loved
And
to know that the promise was

When everything fell we’d be held.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Workin Woman

Well. It has been a very, very long time since updating anything here. Believe me, I've wanted to update, and started many, but always got to a point and thought what's the point in writing anything that no one's going to read anyway?!

But then i realized, maybe no one will read it, but that should not be the point. It's like life. Maybe no one will remember you in 50 years, but that doesn't mean we should all lay down and die. Instead we should just potter along being content to live as we are, and happy with who we are.

So I shall potter along in my blog, and use it much more as a medium for expressing myself than as anything else. :)

I started work on Monday...I'm teaching music (piano) Matthew Flinders Anglican College. It was a lovely first day, with very lovely students and encouaraging prospects all over. :) I have a nice little room, (very cosy) with a plain black upright (tall), two chairs, a piano stool, cupboard and music stand. The window opposite the piano looks out and up to a pretty garden bed full of greenery.

My first impressions of my students were somewhat tainted buy the fact that some were late (up to 25 minutes late), but the other music teachers assured me that that was normal for the first day of music classes and just to inform them that it was not to happen again, which I did and so they (hopefully) will not.

I had not had enough to either eat or drink the day prior to teaching and so was ready to gorge myself at the end, which suited me perfectly as a good celebratory gorging is a good thing sometimes...although it would not quite fit into any good manners books I believe. But I was too elated at the day's success to leave much time for eating, although I do know it was a beautiful lasagne I had for dinner with salad and dessert. :)

Uni's still not started which is lovely because it means I can do whatever I want as long as I fulfill my teaching obligations, and I've been informed there will be more students as the year goes on, but that will be a good thing really.

Well, I'm going to go and eat some lunch I think, so until the next time I write (which won't be too long I promise!) so long.

No comments: