Held

This is what it is to be loved.
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell
we'd be held.

This hand is bitterness
We want to
taste it, let the hatred know our sorrow.
The
wise hand opens slowly to lilies of the valley and tomorrow.

If
hope is born of suffering
If this is only the beginning
Can we not wait for one hour watching for our Savior?

This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And
you survive.
This is what it is to be loved
And
to know that the promise was

When everything fell we’d be held.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Eggs, Mexican and Tractors

I'm showered, fed and being entertained by tv and internet.

I be a happy child.

I spent the weekend at Wooyung having a wonderful time! Lots of good food, good company and sleep and I feel like a new person! I went to mass on Sunday morning with grandma which was lovely, and then came back and ate chocolate eggs and chocolate cake for breakfast.

Wooyung is my grandma's motel and caravan park and the tradition on Easter is an 'Easter Egg Throw' followed by a ride on the tractor for any kids.

The basic concept behind said egg-throw is that the 50yrold+ tractor is gotten out, and someone drives and someone sits on the back with a huge bucket of easter eggs and candy and throws them at the kids on the park!

So, I was the lucky person in the back sitting cross legged on a tarp throwing treats and yelling at the kids. Then afterwards we let about 13 kids in for a ride around the grounds. When I got off the tractor I could barely walk due to pins and needles! I hobbled into the flat to recover in a chair. Very wonderful experience. =)

I think I enjoyed lobbing eggs at kids that I didn't like the most. =P coz come on! They can't complain!!

After the egg throw I went for a bike ride with my aunt and cousins along Jones' Road, and we stopped for juice at the marriage tree on the way back. I love the marriage tree, it got it's name because supposedly Aborigines used to be married beneath the two huge old pines. It has a thread in our family history because my grandma fell out of it years ago, and then I was terrified under it. =PWhile it's a beautiful place to be, that place has always scared me. It has a spooky feeling because besides being an old, isolated part of the rather freaky autralian outback, there's an old cattle run totally decrepit, just a pile of rust and nails really, under the trees.

I think there's a much simpler reason tho, that being that Bruce scared me stupid when I was little there.

Bruce is my darling uncle, only 5 years older than me and I love him muchly, now that he's decided I'm not worth teasing 24/7 and I've decided he's not worth dobbing on 24/7 BUT there was a time, a time not so long ago that it has been forgotten, when we didn't see eye to eye.

So, it was New Year's Eve (a while ago) and we were out getting fuel for the traditional bonfire by the beach at the marriage trees. Bruce and I were just mucking around while the 6ftsomething uncles did the hard work, and Bruce decided to have some fun. So he convinced me that they were going to chop me up and use me as the main source of fuel in that nights celebrations.

I spent the most horrific time hiding and flinching every time anyone with a chainsaw looked my way, and had to take huge control of myself when it was 'time to go' and they were calling me to the car.

Sigh.

Memories...the stuff of dreams...or nightmares.

Mmm...just finished a whole easter bunny. =P

Well, I want to go and sleep, so I shall bid you a fond farewell.

2 comments:

Jr said...

I have a chainsaw and I'm not afraid to use it! Mwhahaha

chocolatebox said...

it wasn't funny ok?! I was terrified...I still don't like chainsaws.