Held

This is what it is to be loved.
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell
we'd be held.

This hand is bitterness
We want to
taste it, let the hatred know our sorrow.
The
wise hand opens slowly to lilies of the valley and tomorrow.

If
hope is born of suffering
If this is only the beginning
Can we not wait for one hour watching for our Savior?

This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And
you survive.
This is what it is to be loved
And
to know that the promise was

When everything fell we’d be held.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Dawn

Dawn is breaking outside my window.

It's bautiful...the morning star is still shining brightly and a fat cresent moon is still showing. The sky is beautiful shades of blue and apricot.

I should be in bed sleeping, however, if I was in bed sleeping it would mean that I had finished my assignment(s)...which I have not. I got home last night planning a huge night of study, but then thought I'd do better if I slept for a while and then got up super early.

SO! 3:00am my phone went...I roled over thinking hmm...wonder why that went off?? and why does it sound like my alarm?? Oh well...turned it off and made a mental note to self to make sure I got out of bed as soon as the alarm went off.

Eyes closed and almost asleep...

Enh???

Oh darn.

Alarm *has* gone off love...that is what woke you up...

Drat.

(face buried in pillows 'double drat!! Maybe half an hour...maybe get up at 5:00??')

3:08 and I bravely started pulling on layers of warm clothing...kettle on...huge cup of strong coffee and milo...

And here I am. Still not finished...but closer. Headachy, too much coffee, too much chocolate, (leave the study fuel ok?!) I shall have to spend lots of time on this today...probably most of tonight as well..but that doesn't matter does it?!

(Well actually, to be totally brutally honest, it does.)

BUT we put on the brave face and soldier on! If it doesn't kill us it makes us stronger! (dyin here people!!!)

Sigh. Time to go back to labour of...no not labour of love...labour of...force.

Maybe later...if I'm awake...when can I sleep???

No comments: